My studio is running classes this fall to help students prepare for the auditions. More info is below. Anyone interested can contact me directly to register.
HIGH SCHOOL VOCAL AUDITION PREP CLASS (Fall 2017)
- Monday evenings 5:45 – 7:00: Sep 11, 18, 25, Oct 2, 16, 23 – SOLD OUT
- Thursday evenings 5:45 – 7:00: Sep 14, 28, Oct 5, 12, 19, 26 – SOLD OUT
- Friday afternoons 4:15 – 5:30: Sep 15, 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, 27 – SOLD OUT
- Friday evenings 5:45 – 7:00: Sep 15, 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, 27 – SOLD OUT
It’s time for high school auditions again, so we’re running our 6-week workshop for 8th graders interested in vocal programs at NYC performing arts high schools. Students will learn the skills to succeed at auditions for LaGuardia, Murrow, PPAS, Frank Sinatra, and other performing arts high schools in New York City. This class is taught by Acme’s main vocal instructors Rebecca Pronsky, Shelly Girolami, and Juliet Strong, all of whom have experience preparing students for both the required rhythm and melody testing, as well as for singing a cappella in front of judges. We’ll cover what makes a great audition and workshop songs for each other. The class is capped at 5 students and sells out quickly, so please email email@example.com as soon as possible to register. Fee: $250.
I also offer private coaching for auditions for NYC public high school voice programs. I’ve been helping students gain admission to high school vocal programs for a decade. I make sure students develop the skills and confidence necessary to do great auditions. Together we create an individualized audition plan that covers:
- Song Selection (find a song that fits your range and level)
- Rhythm & Melody Testing (developing the ear)
- Audition Etiquette (confidence, performance skills)
- A cappella Singing (LaGuardia and Murrow only)
- Star Spangled Banner (Frank Sinatra only)
Sessions meet at Acme Hall Studios in Park Slope: 435 9th Street corner of 7th Avenue, steps from the 7th Ave stop on the F/G train.
Please email me to schedule your sessions: firstname.lastname@example.org