Congrats on deciding to sing! My studio is located conveniently in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Your voice is welcome here. Please email me to schedule a lesson.
Voice lessons will help you to:
- develop pitch and breath control
- gain body awareness and improve sound placement
- become more confident with singing
- have fun, sing your favorite songs, and learn new music
I work from a great repertoire of songs, including:
- American songbook standards by Gershwin, Berlin, Rodgers/Hammerstein,
- Classic jazz tunes performed by Billie Holiday, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald,
Bessie Smith, Frank Sinatra, etc.
- 60s & 70s pop, rock, country and soul (The Beatles,
Carole King, Bill Withers, Mama’s & Papas, Patsy Cline, Bonnie Raitt,
- 80s, 90s and contemporary tunes (Tom Petty, The Pretenders,
Bangles, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Blondie, Adele, Taylor Swift,
Lessons for Children/Teens
Ideal age to begin voice lessons is 5th or 6th grade, just before adolescence to help the voice acquire strength and good habits as it is changing. However, I will consider working with a student as young as 3rd grade should he or she be advanced. I am available for short term coaching for high school vocal audtitions for LaGuardia, Murrow, Frank Sinatra, PPAS, etc and for the middle school audition for Mark Twain.
Lessons for Adults
It’s never too late to sing! Many of my adult students sing in bands or write music and are looking to polish up their singing. Others haven’t sung in years and miss having music in their lives. Still others have never sung at all. Many end up starting musical groups, going on auditions, or joining local choirs. *Please note that improving at singing is as challenging as learning any other instrument and likewise requires weekly lesson attendance and 20-30 minutes of practice outside lessons at least 3 times a week.